Pheim Asset Management Sdn Bhd (PAMSB) and Pheim Islamic Asset Management Sdn Bhd (PIAMSB) (Collectively known as “External Fund Managers”)
The investment management function of the Manager has been delegated to PAMSB and PIAMSB, both are holders of the Capital Markets Services Licence as approved by the Securities Commission Malaysia.
|THE MANAGER||Pheim Unit Trusts Berhad (200101010163 (545919-A))|
Other the other hand, the compliance and risk management functions of the Manager have been delegated to PAMSB – the ultimate holding company of both PUTB and PIAMSB. As such, PAMSB performs the compliance and risk management functions on behalf of the Manager and PIAMSB, both the subsidiary companies in Malaysia.
PAMSB commenced its operations on 4 January 1994. Founded by Dr Tan Chong Koay, one of the pioneer boutique asset management companies when the asset management industry in Malaysia was first liberalised. Being one of the maiden asset management companies in Malaysia, PAMSB is licenced under the Capital Markets and Services Act 2007, specializing in ASEAN and Asia ex-Japan equity markets. Its clientele consists of high-net-worth investors, pension fund, insurance fund, corporates and retail individuals.
PIAMSB, a wholly-owned subsidiary company of PAMSB, is an Islamic asset management company that has obtained its Capital Markets Services Licence from the Securities Commission Malaysia (SC) on 4 October 2021. PIAMSB is established to add value to Malaysia’s Islamic capital market and promoting Kuala Lumpur as a key Islamic fund management centre. PIAMSB also complements to the attainment of the objectives of the SC’s Islamic Fund and Wealth Management Blueprint, among others, tapping on the growing demand from institutional and global investors on Islamic funds.
As a delegate of the Manager, the External Fund Managers implement the investment strategies determined by the investment committee and manages the Funds on behalf of the Manager. The External Fund Managers have the discretionary authority over the investments of the Funds subject to the Guidelines and regulations issued by the relevant authorities, i.e. the SC and Bank Negara Malaysia.
The External Fund Managers report to the investment committee of the Funds on a monthly basis on the status of the Funds; propose investment strategies; and discusses matters relating to the Funds. Apart from the monthly meetings, the investment committee will meet with the External Fund Managers more frequently should circumstances require.
The remuneration of PAMSB and PIAMSB is borne by the Manager.
As at 31 December 2022, the total value of the assets under management of the External Fund Managers was RM1.01 billion.
click here to view Pheim Asset Management Sdn Bhd’s website.
Fund Manager of the Funds
Dr. Tan Chong Koay (Non-Independent)
• More than 46 years of investment experience
• Founder of Pheim Malaysia and Pheim Singapore from 1994 and 1995 respectively
• Oversees all investments and AUM growth strategy
• Asset allocation
Mr. Lee Chung Cheng CEO & Head of Investment (Pheim Malaysia)
- 20 years of experience in the capital market and financial institutions.
- Vast experience in advising and leading teams of investment analysts and fund managers.
- M.Sc Finance (2001) & B.BA Economics (2000)
- Sector Coverage : Oil & Gas, Utilities / RE, Telecommunication, Property, Rubber Gloves
- Country Coverage: ASEAN / Asia Ex-Japan
Mr. Leong Hai Liang CFA, Fund Manager/Investment Analyst (Pheim Malaysia)
- More than 14 years of industry experience
- B.Sc (Hons) Finance
- Sector Coverage: Consumer, Construction, Banking & Financials, Commodities, Plantation
- Country Coverage: Philippines, Indonesia and Thailand
Ms. Nurul Farhana Numan Investment Analyst (Pheim Malaysia)
- BBA (Hons.) Investment Management
- Country Coverage: Malaysia and Thailand
- Sector Coverage: Consumer, Healthcare and Transportation
En. Khirwan Mus Bin Wahap Fund Manager (Pheim Islamic)
- More than 21 years of industry experience
- B.Sc (Hons) Travel Industry Management
- Compile analysts purchase & sale decisions and execute them in a timely manner
- Provide stock analysis and recommendation to fund manager
Ms. Law Yin-Lyn Fund Manager/Investment Analyst (Pheim Islamic)
- More than 6 years of industry experience
- B.BA Commerce
- Country Coverage: Singapore
- Sector Coverage: Engineering, Chemicals, Technology, and Industrial Products